To be the voice of dairy in Nebraska, representing all dairy farms while working together with suppliers and processors, to promote dairy success and sustainability.
Policy: Work closely with state and national government and the agricultural community, to monitor and support public policy that allows dairy farmers to succeed and maintain sustainability for their operation, the consumer and the world.
Growth: By working with all stakeholders, the NSDA is looking for growth opportunity for dairy to succeed in Nebraska, by exploring new markets and technologies while encouraging the next generation.
Education: Providing information to dairy farmers through support of Nebraska Dairy Extension, the I-29 Moo-University and bringing the industry together through the state convention and other events.
Consumer Confidence: Working to build sales and trust in dairy and protect the dairy farmers “license to operate."
- Retain lobbyist to monitor and represent NSDA at State Legislature
Participate in a coalition of other commodities to support policy initiatives that impact all of agriculture.
- Maintain contact with state and federal legislative delegation to communicate issues that impact dairy.
- Join with other regional dairy associations to communicate a consistent message for the industry.
- Work with the Grow Nebraska Dairy coalition of stakeholders, to promote Nebraska within the dairy community, focused on creating markets and attracting processors.
- Encourage existing farmers to explore new technologies, through sharing information, tours and farmer meetings.
- Promote opportunities to encourage the next generation to stay involved in dairy.
- Partner and support with Nebraska Dairy Extension to offer workshops and educational seminars.
- Support the I-29 Moo University as they bring educational seminars and tours to the region.
- Host an Annual State Convention, bringing farmers and allied stakeholders together for educational opportunities, trade show and networking.
- Work closely with Midwest Dairy to promote dairy to consumers
- Strive to protect dairy farmers license to operate.
- Participate in opportunities to build sales and trust in dairy.
Board of Directors