The voice of Nebraska dairy farmers promoting growth, success and sustainability.
- Influence Government
- Reduce cost of business
- Economic development
- Maintain and build local, state and federal relationships
- Increase milk produced and processed in Nebraska
- Increase number of farmers
- Recruit and develop next generation of dairy farmers
- Recruit new processors
- Provide continuing education for farmers
- Support Nebraska Extension
- Promote Nebraksa Extension
- Partner with other agriculture groups
- Retain lobbyist to monitor and represent NSDA at State Legislature
Participate in a coalition of other commodities to support policy initiatives that impact all of agriculture.
- Maintain contact with state and federal legislative delegation to communicate issues that impact dairy.
- Join with other regional dairy associations to communicate a consistent message for the industry.
- Work with the Grow Nebraska Dairy coalition of stakeholders, to promote Nebraska within the dairy community, focused on creating markets and attracting processors.
- Encourage existing farmers to explore new technologies, through sharing information, tours and farmer meetings.
- Promote opportunities to encourage the next generation to stay involved in dairy.
- Partner and support with Nebraska Dairy Extension to offer workshops and educational seminars.
- Support the I-29 Moo University as they bring educational seminars and tours to the region.
- Host an Annual State Convention, bringing farmers and allied stakeholders together for educational opportunities, trade show and networking.
Board of Directors