Constitution of the Nebraska State Dairy Association
(1) This association shall be known as the Nebraska State Dairy Association (NSDA). ~ amended 02/19/2008
(2) The principal place of transacting the business of this Association shall be where the Secretary-Treasurer or the Official Agent of the Nebraska State Dairymen’s Association has residence in the State. ~ amended 02/19/2008
(3) The general nature of the business shall be the promotion of the dairy interest in the State of Nebraska.
(4) This Association shall contract no indebtedness and incur no liabilities whatever except by approval of its directors and in no case for an amount exceeding funds available for the current fiscal year.
(5) * Section 1.*
The Board of Directors of the Association shall consist of nine active members with consideration given to the geographic distribution of the membership. The President shall appoint a nominating committee composed of three members of the Association at least 60 days prior to the annual meeting. The nominating committee shall submit to the members at the annual meeting three nominees for the Board of Directors. Additional nominations may be made from the floor. Election may be either by ballot or acclamation.
The University of Nebraska shall provide an ex-officio board member from the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources. This person shall be responsible for authorizing the expenditure of NSDA funds received from the State Legislature for educational purposes.
The affairs of the Association shall be administered by the Board of Directors. The Board shall select its own officers: President, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer, at the time of the annual meeting.
Members of the Board shall serve three year terms. No person shall be eligible for more than two consecutive terms on the Board.
The officers of the Board shall hold their terms of office for the year following their election. No person shall be eligible to serve for more than two consecutive terms in the same office.
The Secretary-Treasurer shall order all bills paid against this Association. All of said transactions are to be laid before the Association at its next annual meeting for inspection and approval. The President shall appoint an auditing committee.
The Board may engage an Executive Secretary-Treasurer or an Official Agent who shall conduct the day to day business on behalf of the Association. ~ amended 02/19/2008
The annual meeting of the members of the Association for the election of the Board and transaction of other business shall be held during the months of February or March.
This Constitution shall become effective immediately upon adoption and may be amended or changed by a two-thirds vote of the members present at any called association meeting.
By-Laws of the Nebraska State Dairy Association
(1) Annual dues for producer members shall be fifty dollars per year. Annual Dues for Allied Members shall be $50.00. ~ amended 09/09/2010
(2) Written notice of all regular meeting of the Association shall be given by the Secretary-Treasurer or the Official Agent of the Association at least twenty days before the meeting. ~ amended 02/20/2008
(3) All meeting of the Board of Directors shall be called by the President or any three of the Board of Directors, notice shall be given to the members thereof, at least ten days before the meeting. Non board members may participate at the invitation of board.
(4) Any vacancy on the Board of Directors may be filled by appointment by the Board for the unexpired term.
(5) Any person may become a member of this Association. To be a voting and active member, annual dues must be current. Each paid membership will be allotted one (1) vote. No provisions are made for proxy votes. All memberships must be approved by the Board of Directors. It is further provided that when in the judgment of the Board of Directors an emergency exists they shall have the authority to change the membership fee to be effective until the next regular annual meeting of the Association. ~ amended 02/20/2008
(6) The Board of the Directors shall fix the salary or compensation of the Secretary-Treasurer or the Official Agent of the Nebraska State Dairymen’s Association, and may authorize the paying of actual expenses of the officers and directors incurred while transacting the business of the Association. ~ amended 02/20/2008
(7) These By-Laws may be amended or changed by a two-thirds vote of the directors present at any called board meeting.