Midwest Dairy Association
Midwest Dairy Association® represents more than 9,100 dairy farm families to nearly 38 million consumers across 10 Midwestern states. We work on behalf of dairy farmers to increase dairy sales, foster innovation and inspire consumer confidence in dairy products and practices.
Midwest Dairy Quick Facts:
- We represent more than 9,100 dairy farm families to nearly 38 million consumers in 10 Midwest states, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma.
- Midwest Dairy Association is a part of Dairy Management Inc. (DMI), yet focused on Midwest industry priorities. DMI is the domestic and international planning and management organization that builds demand for dairy products on behalf of America’s more than 51,000 dairy farmers.
- Midwest Dairy Council is an affiliate of the National Dairy Council, which has been dedicated to nutrition research, education and communication since 1915.
- There are 23.5 billion pounds of milk produced annually in our 10 states. That is 12 percent of total U.S. milk production.
- Dairy farmers in the Midwest invest 15 cents for every 100 pounds of milk they sell. Midwest Dairy receives 10 cents of this mandatory funding for regional programs. The remaining five cents goes to the National Dairy Board to fund national promotional, research and export programs carried out by Dairy Management Inc.
- Midwest Dairy is directed by a 34-member dairy farmer Corporate Board with 14 of those members serving on Dairy Management Inc.’s national board.
- We have 59 staff, including 16 registered dietitians and other specialized experts, across 10 states from North Dakota to Arkansas.
- Our farmer-funded programs do not represent specific brands or dairy cooperatives, and we do not participate in regulatory activities or influence government policy.
- To learn more about Midwest Dairy, visit midwestdairy.com. Follow us on Twitter (@MidwestDairy) and find us on Facebook at Midwest Dairy.
We Support Agriculture
We envision that all Nebraskans will understand Nebraska farmers and ranchers are thoughtful individuals who know how to take care of all their animals. We want Nebraskans to know that caring for livestock animals is important to food production and their connection to Nebraska’s food security, economy and social well-being.
Build a broad coalition of Nebraska individuals and organizations that will stand behind all Nebraska farmers. Promote the ongoing integrity and growth of Nebraska agriculture and rural communities through coordinated communication, education and advocacy.
We Support Agriculture is a joint effort of Nebraskans who believe in our state’s agricultural heritage and way of life.
A-FAN Alliance for the Future of Agriculture in Nebraska
The Alliance for the Future of Agriculture in Nebraska (A-FAN) is a non-profit organization formed by leading agricultural membership groups in Nebraska such as the Nebraska Cattlemen, Nebraska Corn Growers Association, Nebraska Farm Bureau Federation, Nebraska Pork Producers Association, Nebraska Poultry Industries, and Nebraska Soybean Association. These groups understand that livestock production is a critical component to Nebraska’s future providing vitality and opportunity for rural communities, adding value to Nebraska’s agricultural output and energizing the economy of the entire state.